L2JLisvus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

[618] Possible Troubles with Trade and Private Store [FIXED]

improvise
    improvise

[618] Possible Troubles with Trade and Private Store [FIXED] Empty [618] Possible Troubles with Trade and Private Store [FIXED]

Post  improvise 2nd July 2019, 06:44

1)You can use Private Store with summoned pet.
    This possibility can cause some issues.
    For example you can start selling your summoned pet. Ofc you cant sell him (until you unsummon him) but lit looks rather strange.
    It will be much safety if players cant use trade or private store with pet.

2)Using items on state of trade.
    You can use soulshots on time when you put them at trade window and accept transaction.
    After this manipulation no one can close trade window without doing re-login.
    I suggest if it is possible to close player trade window when he starts any activities to prevent possible issues or hacking attempts.

Last edited by improvise on 28th July 2019, 13:22; edited 1 time in total
    DnR
    DnR
    Admin
    Admin

[618] Possible Troubles with Trade and Private Store [FIXED] Empty Re: [618] Possible Troubles with Trade and Private Store [FIXED]

Post  DnR 2nd July 2019, 11:38

improvise wrote:
    1)You can use Private Store with summoned pet.
    This possibility can cause some issues.
    For example you can start selling your summoned pet. Ofc you cant sell him (until you unsummon him) but lit looks rather strange.
    It will be much safety if players cant use trade or private store with pet.

This has nothing to do with safety. I assure you as both a developer and a former player that it's simply a visual bug.
    We can add a check for this.

improvise wrote:
    2)Using items on state of trade.
    You can use soulshots on time when you put them at trade window and accept transaction.
    After this manipulation no one can close trade window without doing re-login.
    I suggest if it is possible to close player trade window when he starts any activities to prevent possible issues or hacking attempts.

The answer is no. I'm not adding trade checks on items use. Such things could easily stress server in the future.
    TradeDone does all necessary checks to prevent such hacks for years now.

Sometimes, it's just fine to allow visual bugs if it's the best of feature operation.
    Thanks for pointing out.
    improvise
    improvise

[618] Possible Troubles with Trade and Private Store [FIXED] Empty Re: [618] Possible Troubles with Trade and Private Store [FIXED]

Post  improvise 2nd July 2019, 12:37

Thank you for the explanation, now questions of in-game transactions security won't disturb me.
    DnR
    DnR
    Admin
    Admin

Post  DnR 2nd July 2019, 13:18

I'm glad I helped.
    First issue was fixed in revision 620. Thanks a lot for pointing out.

P.S. If your server is already live, I suggest that you advertise it here in forum.

Best regards,
    DnR

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 16th October 2024, 17:12