L2JLisvus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
confejulian
DnR
6 posters

Reuse of SVN repository [COMPLETED]

Poll

Return back to SVN?

[ 8 ]
    Reuse of SVN repository [COMPLETED] I_vote_lcap57%Reuse of SVN repository [COMPLETED] I_vote_rcap [57%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Reuse of SVN repository [COMPLETED] I_vote_lcap43%Reuse of SVN repository [COMPLETED] I_vote_rcap [43%] 

Total Votes: 14
    Poll closed
    DnR
    DnR
    Admin
    Admin

Reuse of SVN repository [COMPLETED] Empty Reuse of SVN repository [COMPLETED]

Post  DnR 5th January 2020, 15:40

Alright, GIT has caused trouble for some people so I'm asking for a mutual opinion.
    'Yes' means updating old SVN to current GIT version (little by little since it's gonna be done manually).
    'No' means we stay to using GIT.

Your votes are important to me, and I'm gonna respect the wishes of majority.

Last edited by DnR on 12th April 2024, 17:43; edited 3 times in total
    confejulian

Reuse of SVN repository [COMPLETED] Empty Re: Reuse of SVN repository [COMPLETED]

Post  confejulian 5th January 2020, 18:59

Well, you know my story... i',m not a experimented developer... when you decide to change to git, i recently was going familiarizating on svn... and now with git, i no have big troubles or other things. The only inconvenience i  have, is when i updated my workspace to last revision. i do a new comparation to the remote git, and all changes i did, shows again, but, when i open these differences, have no differences. That is a little irritating, because, when you do a new update, i compare, and i obtain on comparation all the files i updated from when i started.

If i can solve this little problem is a NO.
    DnR
    DnR
    Admin
    Admin

Reuse of SVN repository [COMPLETED] Empty Re: Reuse of SVN repository [COMPLETED]

Post  DnR 5th January 2020, 20:51

confejulian wrote:Well, you know my story... i',m not a experimented developer... when you decide to change to git, i recently was going familiarizating on svn... and now with git, i no have big troubles or other things. The only inconvenience i  have, is when i updated my workspace to last revision. i do a new comparation to the remote git, and all changes i did, shows again, but, when i open these differences, have no differences. That is a little irritating, because, when you do a new update, i compare, and i obtain on comparation all the files i updated from when i started.

If i can solve this little problem is a NO.

Git will never let you compare if your local repository version is identical to HEAD. Meaning that you must be a commit behind to HEAD in order to compare your sources with next commit in remote repository.
    To get a commit behind, you can use git reset (Team -> Reset). 'Soft' may do the thing but be careful and keep a backup of your custom changes.
    'Hard' will reset everything including your custom changes so try to avoid using this one at all costs.
    cyberghoser1

Post  cyberghoser1 5th January 2020, 23:04

Well, since the project is retail-like oriented, I don't see why custom changes should be of concern. Don't get me wrong, I like to mod myself, but the main reason Lisvus is stable is that it remains retail oriented. Going back to SVN is a setback for sure. If someone wants to add custom code, stuff, or whatsoever it should be his/her responsibility to maintain it with the latest commit or revision. I mean, the whole community does not always benefit from said changes, its personal changes for each individual, for their server, or whatever, so yeah, GIT for me.

It is just my opinion.
    Karakan
    Karakan

Post  Karakan 6th January 2020, 20:01

To be honest i don't really see a downside of using SVN only.
    Plus it'll get rid of 100 of questions, on the channel/forum, of people who never used Git before.

But its up to DnR to decide. Cool

SCRASH0
    SCRASH0

Post  SCRASH0 6th January 2020, 23:56

dude i use the 2.
    Git I like because I can implement the codes that are modified to improve the server. without modifying my custom mods.
    Svn is good for those who don't like to code by code.
    but I think it's faster.
    DnR
    DnR
    Admin
    Admin

Post  DnR 2nd February 2020, 22:40

This poll comes to an end. We are going to move back to our old SVN repository, hosted by Assembla.
    I have already began updating it little by little and once done, I will officially announce its use.
    Thank you all for participating.

Best regards,
    DnR
    DnR
    DnR
    Admin
    Admin

Post  DnR 3rd February 2020, 21:08

Updating of SVN repository has been completed.
    Latest commit is 710 which is equal to GitLab's 711.

If any issues occur in SVN sources due to updates, feel free to report them. Thank you all for your contribution to the project.

BR,
    DnR
    DanielaCZ
    DanielaCZ

Post  DanielaCZ 18th July 2020, 22:18

I am in confused now if more voted for SVN why you stay on Git? Git is so slow and have backdoors...
    Karakan
    Karakan

Post  Karakan 20th July 2020, 16:47

What are you talking about ?

We moved "back" to SVN on 3rd February 2020.

DanielaCZ
    DanielaCZ

Post  DanielaCZ 22nd July 2020, 13:58

Everywhere is advertising for git thats why i ask i did not seen it was moved. sorry my mistake

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 21:17