L2JLisvus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Mobs enter to walls when they try follow.

StayOnly

Mobs enter to walls when they try follow. Empty Mobs enter to walls when they try follow.

Post  StayOnly 12th May 2023, 03:24

Hello all,

Here the video:

Configs in GeoData:

PathFinding = 2

# This setting controls Client <--> Server Player coordinates synchronization:
    # -1 - Will synchronize only Z from Client --> Server. Default when no geodata.
    # 1 - Synchronization Client --> Server only. Using this option (without geodata) makes it more difficult for players to bypass obstacles.
    # 2 - Intended for geodata (at least with cell-level pathfinding, otherwise you can also try -1).
    # Server sends validation packet if client goes too far from server calculated coordinates.
    CoordSynchronize = 1 or 2 but the result is the same.

If anyone know where i can search for fix this, tell me here, thanks you

I try with 2 geodata. And the result is the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgsJ90ljkOY
    DnR
    DnR
    Admin
    Admin

Mobs enter to walls when they try follow. Empty Re: Mobs enter to walls when they try follow.

Post  DnR 15th May 2023, 00:13

Hello there, thanks for taking time to record and report this.

This is no big news at all. We use L2JServer movement system and geoengine for years now and they're known for lacking stability.
    I believe movement synchronization between client and server is one of the biggest problems in your case.
    In that video, monsters have probably advanced further in server side so they turn to new location point too early for client to handle.

To reduce the problem, you could perhaps set `PathFinding` to 1 and add pathnode files for C4 to your `pathnodes` folder (though I doubt it'll make huge difference).

If you think you can find solutions to those problems, I'm definitely open to them.
    I've tried to improve things before but it seems the entire thing needs rework like aCis project did.

BR,
    DnR

saimon and SCRASH0 like this post

Current date/time is 19th May 2024, 15:11