L2JLisvus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Agresive monster difference with l2off [Not a bug]

confejulian

Agresive monster difference with l2off [Not a bug] Empty Agresive monster difference with l2off [Not a bug]

Post  confejulian 14th September 2019, 20:38

There we have 2 differences on aggressive monsters with l2off.
    i think one of this was talked some time ago, I don't know how it was finished.

First point.

Agresive monsters, on l2off, when any aggro monster coming to follow us, and you leave from her zone area, example, if you are on Tower Of Insole 10th floor, and one archangel start to follow us because is aggro, if it kill us, he stay there for a time trying to back to her position. On this period, if you walk arround, he don't be aggro. i dont know why, but on l2 off it's work from this way.

On l2lisuvs, that's not happend, if you walk out of aggro zone of these monster, and he kill you, the aggro monsters start to hit all arround. This generate a lot of problems on sites without monsters, because any troll let aggro movs with fake death or death or some way, and these monsters start to kill everyone at her around. And "inocents" can drop her items. i told sites witouth monsters because this can happend on cities, but in a cities we have a config for prevent this.

Ok, this is the first point, at second point.

On l2 off, the aggro monsters start to follow us instantainusly and from a considerable range. on l2jlisvus  the aggro monsters are "stupid".

I Make a video to show the difference. We can watch agro monsters reaction and how he react after kill her target in one zone out of her agro zone. First on l2 off, the monster start instantaniusly follow you, and later back home from out zone witouth hiting anything. later we can see on lisvus how the agro monster have a very different reaction, like range very short, time reactio very slow, and reaction after kill target out of her zone hiting all arround. sorry for redundance.

video:

Regards.
    improvise
    improvise

Agresive monster difference with l2off [Not a bug] Empty Re: Agresive monster difference with l2off [Not a bug]

Post  improvise 14th September 2019, 20:51

Aggressive monsters after losing their target should attack nearby characters, it's normal mechanic.
    Using Fake Death to get drop from players is a part of gameplay.
    You can prevent this abuse in peace zone using AltMobAggroInPeaceZone = True.
    In fields you are not in safety Very Happy
    Other behavior of aggressive mobs that you can see on some PTS servers may be an attempt to protect players from this scam. But IMHO it's not correct.

Last edited by improvise on 14th September 2019, 21:14; edited 3 times in total
    Karakan
    Karakan

Agresive monster difference with l2off [Not a bug] Empty Re: Agresive monster difference with l2off [Not a bug]

Post  Karakan 14th September 2019, 21:03

because any troll let aggro movs with fake death or death or some way, and these monsters start to kill everyone at her around. And "inocents" can drop her items.

Back in the days, that was a way to farm items on retail with a Dagger class or Spoiler Cool
    improvise
    improvise

Post  improvise 14th September 2019, 21:21

Karakan wrote:Back in the days, that was a way to farm items on retail with a Dagger class or Spoiler  Cool
    Yeah, it was very exciting Twisted Evil
    confejulian

Post  confejulian 14th September 2019, 22:09

I know your points, but... i remember this from all server i had player l2 c4 off, and i was go to test for get me out of doubt and make a video. I don't think it's custom. But... i' dont know,anyway i think this isn't the more important issues.
    improvise
    improvise

Post  improvise 14th September 2019, 22:20

Anyway this is a rather subjective thing. We shouldn't assume that any PTS server will show us "how it should be". We must also be guided by a common sense, i think.
    Karakan
    Karakan

Post  Karakan 14th September 2019, 22:36

@confejulian
    I can say for sure that it always worked like that on C4, and that it is not a bug or missing feature. Cool

On later chronicles NcSoft completely removed the item drop penalty on death.
    confejulian

Post  confejulian 14th September 2019, 22:43

Karakan wrote:@confejulian
    I can say for sure that it always worked like that on C4, and that it is not a bug or missing feature.  Cool

On later chronicles NcSoft completely removed the item drop penalty on death.

if you are really secure, nothing more to say. my bad.
    confejulian

Post  confejulian 14th September 2019, 22:50

and what do you think about the second point
    improvise
    improvise

Post  improvise 15th September 2019, 07:36

Stakato has 150 aggro range thus it seems that they have slow reaction.
    There is real problem with aggressive monsters: they follow character indefinitely, but they should drop into walk after some time, stop and go home such as if they lose target.
    But I think it's could be very hardly realised Sad
    Karakan
    Karakan

Post  Karakan 15th September 2019, 14:02

@confejulian

I cant see anything wrong in the video.
    Its normal that monsters target "next nearby players" when they killed another player ,and they are aggressive.

We also have a return home function in the AI, it just takes a bit longer then on L2Off.

@improvise

You can always lower the Attack TimeOut.  Cool

L2AttackableAI.java

Code:
    private static final int MAX_ATTACK_TIMEOUT = 1200; // int ticks, i.e. 2 minutes

The only difference between L2J and L2Off currently is social aggro behaviour.

I posted about it in another topic a while ago.

https://l2jlisvus.forumotion.com/t1163-monster-ai
    DnR
    DnR
    Admin
    Admin

Post  DnR 15th September 2019, 15:56

Its normal that monsters target "next nearby players" when they killed another player ,and they are aggressive.

We also have a return home function in the AI, it just takes a bit longer then on L2Off.

@improvise

L2AttackableAI.java

Code:
    private static final int MAX_ATTACK_TIMEOUT = 1200; // int ticks, i.e. 2 minutes

The author of this issue you mentioned talked about monsters never attacking again at all, and this was already solved in MonsterKnownList long ago by calling getAI() at least once.
    If you take a look at it, getAI() automatically creates a new AI object if it's already set to null.

The thing is that a monster's stopped AI task will start again, once player is added to its known list.
    Default known list update system is time based so until known list meets the conditions to update, AI task will definitely not run.
    So, we conclude that there are couple of factors that cause this behaviour. Smile
    confejulian

Post  confejulian 15th September 2019, 16:31

@improvise

L2AttackableAI.java

Code:

That's right, the remember players of monsters. I dont try something with this. But i don't know the finished result of the thopic, you never back home? hahaha

When you told me I can't see anything wrong in the video. I'm referring to agro reaction, you need to be realy close of the mob, and maybe he not follow us, or after 2-3 secondos you walking arround, he start to follow us. But in the part of l2off you can watch how the monster, as soon as he sees you he start to follow you without retards, and with an higher aggro range. Resuming, a slowest reaction when he should coming to attack any player because is agro. Including time reaction & range.

This is the second point i've mentioned. This is some tedious when you are trying to farm with the method of train & polearm.

when you told "You can always lower the Attack TimeOut" this is the time he can stay attacking a character? or is the time after see and target player to coming to follow somebody on her aggrozone?

Karakan
    Karakan

Post  Karakan 15th September 2019, 16:35

@DnR

I was talking about this line :  

Once a killed aggro mob re-spawns it will stay ACTIVE again, until players leave region and then the same story happens like I said above.

Respawning monsters "remember" who killed them, and will social-aggro again.
    Even if you don't attack them directly.

Best example of this can be seen at ToI.

For few minutes you can farm 2-3 monsters with pulling them out.
    But after you've killed a whole room, they all will be all aggro on next respawn. (like a chain reaction)

Have fun getting chased by 10-20 mobs.  

I'll try to record this ...it is kinda hard to explain.   Cool

@confejulian

Attack TimeOut means : How long a monster will chase the player
    improvise
    improvise

Post  improvise 15th September 2019, 17:55

Karakan wrote:private static final int MAX_ATTACK_TIMEOUT = 1200; // int ticks, i.e. 2 minutes
    Thanks, I understand. It works only if monster don't hit character while chasing him. That's correct. I was a little confused.

Karakan wrote:Respawning monsters "remember" who killed them, and will social-aggro again.
    You mean that:

• newspawned social monsters will instantly attack player, while he is fighting with another social monster?
    • newspawned aggressive monsters will instantly attack player... because they are aggressive Very Happy

At last I understand bounce
    Yes, its rather unpleasant problem especially for low rate server without potions and full buff.
    Thus it is being difficult to calculate you chances and stay alive.
    Karakan
    Karakan

Post  Karakan 15th September 2019, 18:26

You mean that:

• newspawned social monsters will instantly attack player, while he is fighting with another social monster?
    • newspawned aggressive monsters will instantly attack player... because they are aggressive Very Happy

No, those are normal AI behaviours. Cool
    improvise
    improvise

Post  improvise 15th September 2019, 19:30

Karakan wrote:No, those are normal AI behaviours.
    Seems to be the true. I didn't really doubt it  Smile
    Probably without the video I will not understand what the problem is.
    Especially for the test I was killing monsters in TOI for a long period and didn't notice anything strange. I'm intrigued. And stupid a little bit bounce

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 17th October 2024, 07:23