L2JLisvus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Client Mod - Party Window Buffs

DnR
    DnR
    Admin
    Admin

Client Mod - Party Window Buffs Empty Client Mod - Party Window Buffs

Post  DnR 26th July 2018, 17:04

Hello mates.

I hope you all enjoy summer and have fun.
    I'm going to bring some new changes to project source these days, but I also wanted to share a little gift.

I'm not really a client developer, but I have at least some novice skills at machine level code.

Many of us have noticed that Chronicle 4 client has few limitations.
    Among them, are abnormal effects limitations.

More specifically, user abnormal effect window can visualize up to 30 effects, and party effect window can visualize up to 20 effects.
    That's quite a pain for some users playing on a high rate servers. Even though I'm not really in favor of client interface modding, I believe server owners
    should be able to extend buff slots without any worries.

After few experiments, I'm here with a small patch to increase party window buff slots for a little better user experience.
    Instead of 2 rows and 10 slots, window will now display 2 rows and 15 slots, a total of 30 and equal to abnormal window buff slots.

Client Mod - Party Window Buffs Party-10

This improvement affects PartyStatusWindow, PetStatusWindow, and SummonStatusWindow.
    It's not really a major change, but I believe it's worth using it.

Download Link 1
    Download Link 2

Feel free to post any kind of issue related to this patch.

Regards,
    DnR

EDITED: Patch updated and added new download link.
    jmd
    jmd

Client Mod - Party Window Buffs Empty Re: Client Mod - Party Window Buffs

Post  jmd 31st July 2018, 15:16

This is really cool.

Not sure if i should ask for this but well theres a few interface changes C4 would benefit a lot from like:

More buffs displayed (the 30 buffs limit you mentioned) and expanded skillbar like in C5 and Interlude.

Can you look into those and if you have looked what stops you from making something like that happen?

Im asking more out of curiosity than anything else, i can live with the client the way it is by default.
    DnR
    DnR
    Admin
    Admin

Post  DnR 6th August 2018, 20:31

jmd wrote:This is really cool.

Not sure if i should ask for this but well theres a few interface changes C4 would benefit a lot from like:

More buffs displayed (the 30 buffs limit you mentioned) and expanded skillbar like in C5 and Interlude.

Can you look into those and if you have looked what stops you from making something like that happen?

Im asking more out of curiosity than anything else, i can live with the client the way it is by default.

That's a good question.
    Let me point out that it's almost impossible to add extra features to a dynamic library.
    Extra skill bars and buff rows require additional implementation. That is the reason i extended the buffs for existing rows in party window.
    About buffs displayed, i have already attempted to expand them, but there is a piece of code to be changed that i'm not awared of.
    Honestly, i tried many times and took care of many issues but the final result is the one below.

Client Mod - Party Window Buffs Buffs10

If there was a client developer with experience in assembly code to help where i stopped, we would probably reach my final goal which is to extend buffs per row to 14, resulting in a total of 42 buffs.
    Let's hope that a solution is found in the nearby future. Smile
    SCRASH0
    SCRASH0

Post  SCRASH0 18th June 2023, 01:19

link offf

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is 19th May 2024, 12:47