L2JLisvus

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Karakan
ProDev
arteon
7 posters

l2jlisvus project

DanielaCZ
    DanielaCZ

l2jlisvus project Empty l2jlisvus project

Post  DanielaCZ 3rd November 2014, 19:06

hello
    before two day I read in one of the forum lisvus project finished. What is the reality please? I do not want to lose the community:-) I have quite a population server.
    Karakan
    Karakan

l2jlisvus project Empty Re: l2jlisvus project

Post  Karakan 3rd November 2014, 20:30

Lets hope not.

I dont like the idea of hosting a goddess of destruction star wars server

But we havent heard from DnR for days now....Sad
    DanielaCZ
    DanielaCZ

Post  DanielaCZ 3rd November 2014, 22:45

It's very sad. Because now I finally have the server full of people. It is good to move forward because that's the tester faster development.
    DanielaCZ
    DanielaCZ

Post  DanielaCZ 17th November 2014, 19:10

Where is DnR ???? any contackt for him please?
    arteon
    arteon

Post  arteon 17th November 2014, 19:57

Where did you read the project is ending, maybe he is busy with real life and stuff.

===-> https://l2jlisvus.forumotion.com/t791-project-died#2996
    DanielaCZ
    DanielaCZ

Post  DanielaCZ 18th November 2014, 00:34

its so sad :-( any bady can continue it? or another alive project?
    ProDev

Post  ProDev 19th November 2014, 01:11

DanielaCZ wrote:its so sad :-( any bady can continue it? or another alive project?

I do hope, that project won't be discontinued, but still, if DnR is out, we have something to continue with. We are a group of developers & testers from Russia who work with L2lisvus sources. In fact, we've just taken off, but anyway - we have some code to share. First of all, I'm greatly surprised that no one implemented normal logging, JUL is pain in the **ss, I do NOT understand why noone refactored the code a bit. It took me only 3-4 hours to completely remove all JUL, System.out loging (oh God, who did that!) and direct printStackTrace to stdout. Now we use slf4j / loback and there is no other stuff. logback is very flexible, so you can manage your logging at runtime.

At the moment we are still working on refactoring & bug fixing, our roadmap is as follows:

- refactor drop & chance services (in progress)
    - implement extended community board (premium account, exp off/on, stats, events etc.)
    - migrate to Gradle build system (Ant is pain too, static lib dependencies is a GREAT pain - I do not understand it again)
    - some 3rd party frameworks integration (IoC/ORM for core module, template engine / html compressor engine for community) - todo, IoC/LTW are already implemented and it helps to make development process faster.

In fact, all the features mentioned above have been already implemented in our other project (High-Five), so we have some ready-to-use code to migrate it to L2JLisvus. For example, here are some screenshots of our community board:

CWH rights implementation (tabbed panel with pagination, clan-leader can give access rights to clan members)
    l2jlisvus project Wn0RDMejoqwoQfpbPPH4G3givdMJT1

User options implementation (auto loot, exp on/off etc.)
    l2jlisvus project Hjoh

"Add subclass" implementation (fully dynamic)
    l2jlisvus project 16zl

All the mentioned above funcs were made from zero with a completely new technology stack (Template engine, LTW etc. And we have some OSGified stuff). In fact there is no difference between HighFive and C4 parts as community board needs only static html content, so client version doesn't matter. If you are interested in some features - please, contact me. You can test all the features @ our HighFive server, I can provide you with all the necessary info on your request. If DnR is out, we can take off with a new fork.

Viva C4!

Best wishes from Russia,
    EDev team.
    arteon
    arteon

Post  arteon 19th November 2014, 13:45

ProDev wrote:
    DanielaCZ wrote:its so sad :-( any bady can continue it? or another alive project?

I do hope, that project won't be discontinued, but still, if DnR is out, we have something to continue with. We are a group of developers & testers from Russia who work with L2lisvus sources. In fact, we've just taken off, but anyway - we have some code to share. First of all, I'm greatly surprised that no one implemented normal logging, JUL is pain in the **ss, I do NOT understand why noone refactored the code a bit. It took me only 3-4 hours to completely remove all JUL, System.out loging (oh God, who did that!) and direct printStackTrace to stdout. Now we use slf4j / loback and there is no other stuff. logback is very flexible, so you can manage your logging at runtime.

At the moment we are still working on refactoring & bug fixing, our roadmap is as follows:

- refactor drop & chance services (in progress)
    - implement extended community board (premium account, exp off/on, stats, events etc.)
    - migrate to Gradle build system (Ant is pain too, static lib dependencies is a GREAT pain - I do not understand it again)
    - some 3rd party frameworks integration (IoC/ORM for core module, template engine / html compressor engine for community) - todo, IoC/LTW are already implemented and it helps to make development process faster.

In fact, all the features mentioned above have been already implemented in our other project (High-Five), so we have some ready-to-use code to migrate it to L2JLisvus. For example, here are some screenshots of our community board:

CWH rights implementation (tabbed panel with pagination, clan-leader can give access rights to clan members)
    l2jlisvus project Wn0RDMejoqwoQfpbPPH4G3givdMJT1

User options implementation (auto loot, exp on/off etc.)
    l2jlisvus project Hjoh

"Add subclass" implementation (fully dynamic)
    l2jlisvus project 16zl

All the mentioned above funcs were made from zero with a completely new technology stack (Template engine, LTW etc. And we have some OSGified stuff). In fact there is no difference between HighFive and C4 parts as community board needs only static html content, so client version doesn't matter. If you are interested in some features - please, contact me. You can test all the features @ our HighFive server, I can provide you with all the necessary info on your request. If DnR is out, we can take off with a new fork.

Viva C4!

Best wishes from Russia,
    EDev team.

So how much will it cost?
    ProDev

Post  ProDev 19th November 2014, 17:20

If its out, it would cost just a "thank you" Smile I'm standing for open-source solutions, at the moment, our HighFive branch is greatly customized , but its not ready for open source yet due to some architecture problems. We are looking forward to releasing it as a completely module-based solution, there is still some work to do. But the question is not about high-five Smile

As l2JLisvus is a completely open source solution, I do not see any problem to continue development process under GNU GPL/MIT licenses (MIT is better, heh, but who cares Smile ).

If there are some interested people in development / testing / improvement process - feel free to give your point of view here.

But still - I'm sure we have to get DnR's response and his point of view. It would be tactless to "steal" all his work and republish it. We can take off with a new fork saving all the copyrights & license to be honest.

Its a great pleasure to work with C4 cause, in fact, there are no other solutions. At the same time, HighFive branch is a more important value for us cause it's a live project and it must be supported.

So, let me summarize my thoughts : if there are interested people, we can create a new team/community to continue.
    arteon
    arteon

Post  arteon 20th November 2014, 13:24

I would support that if its going to be open source, but as you said we need first to hear from DnR.
    DanielaCZ
    DanielaCZ

Post  DanielaCZ 21st November 2014, 13:47

Its so sad, because here is so much job we need open sources and good quality dew. :-/ version 505 is so bugged
    ProDev

Post  ProDev 21st November 2014, 19:04

DanielaCZ wrote:Its so sad, because here is so much job we need open sources and good quality dew. :-/ version 505 is so bugged

At the moment I reviewed only 1/20 part of code and all the things are wrong. To much work here, our HighFive branch is much more refactored.We tested 505rev a bit and found a bunch of problems starting with training zones. So there is much for to for sure. But we've already managed to completely rewrite logging and some other stuff, huh Smile
    DanielaCZ
    DanielaCZ

Post  DanielaCZ 22nd November 2014, 00:21

thats great :-)
    ProDev

Post  ProDev 22nd November 2014, 02:17

We are moving on, some misc fixes such as training locations respawn (if you die in training zone - you should be respawned there, but not in the nearest town). One of the new features is a small fix for mob-champions highlighting:

l2jlisvus project 27946c04f05b4e50857e8ef2a161d6c8

Stay tuned!
    Karakan
    Karakan

Post  Karakan 22nd November 2014, 23:08

One of the new features is a small fix for mob-champions highlighting

That feature is not something new Wink
    Anyways...its nice to see people actually working to improve the project.

What about you guys start a fork ?

DnR can still give us his opinion when he is back online....if ever

ProDev

Post  ProDev 23rd November 2014, 14:14

Karakan wrote:

Yes, it's not a new feature for sure, but it's a new one for L2JLisvus cause it was not implemented and we've already received a couple of feature requests about that. Many players do think, that mob title "Champion" is not enough Smile In fact, there are 1 extra config parameter + about 10 LoC, so its not a problem at all.

I think yes, we can start a fork, give us some time to create required eco system. Keep following the thread, I'll inform you as soon as we take off.
    arteon
    arteon

Post  arteon 23rd November 2014, 15:33

ProDev wrote:
    Karakan wrote:

Yes, it's not a new feature for sure, but it's a new one for L2JLisvus cause it was not implemented and we've already received a couple of feature requests about that. Many players do think, that mob title "Champion" is not enough Smile In fact, there are 1 extra config parameter + about 10 LoC, so its not a problem at all.

I think yes, we can start a fork, give us some time to create required eco system. Keep following the thread, I'll inform you as soon as we take off.

Thats amazing news. You have my total support!
    DnR
    DnR
    Admin
    Admin

Post  DnR 30th November 2014, 14:00

Hello guys,

Long time no seeing heh?

It's true that i don't have much time, but such excuses are equivalent to abandoning the project, aren't they?
    I feel sorry. My delays put you in so much trouble and i have no right to defend myself.
    About forking, i would be really grateful if that happened.
    Everything began by a "trash" branch of l2jserver. Many people tried to fork it unsuccessfully due to so so so many bugs & exploits, and i'm glad i didn't give up. By saying "not giving up", i mean that project has reached a more stable level which is nothing like before, even though some people complain about poor refactoring since gameplay was of more importance for me.
    Since the beginning of the project, i had pointed out that one of my dreaming achievements would be C4 project to be forked by other people, too.
    I have no problem if few other developers forked the project. I didn't/don't do it for money, or any other personal gain. After all, developments are veeeeeryyy slow at this time.

I still wish to do few more changes, but there is no guarantee i will be active like before.
    I' ll be around these days, and i'll be glad to provide some support.

Have a nice day. Smile
    DanielaCZ
    DanielaCZ

Post  DanielaCZ 2nd December 2014, 21:01

Heeey we mist you!!! i think your project is only one from milion alive please dont make me sad dont close it :-( all people here who uses lisvus package, do not use it for commercial purposes. Free got a free give. Maybe we made a mistake that we are all not very active but it can change. My server has 100 people but not because of me but because of your Parts Life. You create something not for us but for all who love c4 WE LOVE c4!!! We love you we need you for this :-) please dont close it dont leave us!
    ProDev

Post  ProDev 23rd March 2015, 20:24

Let me renew the topic.

As I wrote before, we were looking forward to forking L2JLisvus. I'm glad to inform we are close to taking off. Are there any interested persons here? Smile we are working on our environment at the moment (community forum based on NodeBB is ready, Atlasssian bug tracking/wiki systems 95% ready, source code is being cleaned up atm.) I'll share our contacts as soon as we are ready.

At the moment we've done some refactoring:
    - IoC integrated
    - JUL/JCL completely replaced with Logback/SLF4J
    - Ant build system replaced by Gradle
    - LS/GS splitter into two separate independent modules, datapack removed as a separate module
    - Some minor bug fixes and implemetations (FS, epic drop rates etc.)

fissban

Post  fissban 23rd March 2015, 21:32

ProDev wrote:Let me renew the topic.

As I wrote before, we were looking forward to forking L2JLisvus. I'm glad to inform we are close to taking off. Are there any interested persons here? Smile we are working on our environment at the moment (community forum based on NodeBB is ready, Atlasssian bug tracking/wiki systems 95% ready, source code is being cleaned up atm.) I'll share our contacts as soon as we are ready.

- IoC integrated
    - LS/GS splitter into two separate independent modules, datapack removed as a separate module

open source?
    ProDev

Post  ProDev 23rd March 2015, 21:35

fissban wrote:
    ProDev wrote:Let me renew the topic.

- IoC integrated

open source?

Yes, MIT licensed. Btw, I keep my eyes on your projects, its great and I hope we'll share some stuff between two forks.
    fissban

Post  fissban 24th March 2015, 04:05

I hope that together we can get the java servers can give off so popular servers.

I am anxious to see your work
    kallone

Post  kallone 25th March 2015, 19:37

fissban wrote:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/s7iiqk9qvvj56to/error%20x64.jpg

I'm having these errors how can I fix?

net.sf.l2j.loginserver;

error: import java.util.Base64;

net.sf.l2j.status;

error: import java.util.Base64;

net.sf.l2j.tools.accountmanager;